Pages

Sunday 23 October 2011

Survival for winter lips: Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair & Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick

With winter well and truly on its way, warm snuggly things like cosy jumpers and hot chocolate spring to mind. But bracing walks in the crisp outdoors and evenings bundled up on the sofa also mean biting winds and drying central heating - a side effect of which can be dry, chapped lips.

I have two tried and tested products that always sort this problem out for me. These are the two things that have saved my lips when everything else has failed.

Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair has two antioxidants in it, Vitamin E and Silymarin, and an AHA-free exfoliating complex. The idea is that it smoothes fine lines, adds moisture and helps prevent signs of premature ageing. It comes in a classy little pump bottle, which is only 9ml but I have had mine for over a year now. I use a tiny bit morning and night before regular lip balm, and just massage it in. It soaks in quickly and makes lips feel really moisturised. Whether or not it smoothes fine lines, hmmm I don't know as I don't really have any - but then maybe that's thanks to this product?! I ordered it randomly once off hqhair.com and it was a real surprise find.

The other product I swear by for soft lips is the Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick.


I am convinced this is the best lip balm of all time. It's immediately soothing! I keep 4 or 5 on the go at the same time, so I know I have one with me wherever I am :)

Used together, my lips no longer suffer in the cold weather! 




No comments: